Director, STEM Program Manager
As a Director of STEM Program Management you will lead all or a large portion of the STEM program function of STEMHub Foundation, with the authority and accountability to achieve all program related goals, most importantly as regards quality. You will set annual program goals, proactively identify and solve challenges, and manage your team which includes Program Managers, Curriculum Creators, and STEM Instructors to achieve your annual goals.
The Director of STEM Program Management will be a part of the Board of Directors for a two-year renewable term, unless otherwise decided. This is also a voluntary unpaid board role and between 2 - 5 hours commitment per week is required.
- Work with staff and volunteers to prepare and design STEMHub Foundation STEM Outreach Programs for youths aged 10-17 years old.
- Lead your team to recruit, hire, train, coach and retain an exceptional program team that includes one or more program managers, and dozens of STEM instructors and site directors.
- Manage STEM outreach program planning and operations.
- Leverage resources, share best practices, and identify and advocate for needed improvements in STEM curriculum, technology, and other program supports.
- Establish program budgets in partnership with your Regional Director and manage programs to budget.
- A BA/BS degree or higher in education or a STEM field or appropriate equivalent experience is required; higher level degrees are a big plus.
- Previous stakeholder management skills, exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Ability to represent the values of creativity, collaboration and passion for learning STEM.
If you are interested in applying, please email the following to STEMHub Foundation at:
. 1-2 page resume and 1-2 page letter of interest which answers the following questions:
- What is your connection to and involvement with underserved communities such as (BIPOC communities)?
- Why are you interested in joining the STEMHub Foundation, Board of Directors?
- What experience and expertise do you feel you could contribute to the Board and Organization in general or in relation to the following strategic areas of Audit and Finance, Legal, Corporate and Government Relations, Human Resources and STEM Program Planning?