REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Director of Programs
CONTRACT PERIOD: This is a part time contract position of minimum of 10 hrs per week to maximum of 20 hrs per week, depending on organization needs
SALARY RANGE: $25 per hour
STEMHub Foundation through STEM aims to increase accessibility to practical and quality STEM programs that may be hard to access by underserved or low-income communities within Ontario. We believe that Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) exposure and increased scientific and technology literacy will equip Canadian youths to confidently pursue STEM studies and careers.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Program Planning, the General Manager will support the ongoing operations of the organization, focusing on technical support, operational logistics and day-to-day administrative functions for the STEMHub Foundation, board of directors and volunteer management. The General Manager will perform a range of communications and volunteer support functions as well as functions related to the general administration of the organization. The ideal candidate will be required to weekends and evenings during the organization program peak.
1. General Operations
- In time, work with the board of directors to provide onboarding training to new staff, volunteers, interns, and contractors to ensure they understand STEMHub Foundation's operations and processes.
- Support Board Directors with administrative duties (i.e., contract administration, email communication with partners, other departments, etc)
- Ensure proper management of data collection for impact evaluation efforts
- Engagement with various volunteer groups to ensure cohesive organizational environment
- Supporting the organization's strategic planning effort the first quarter of every year
- Contribute to the preparation of year end impact report
2. Team Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support for STEMHub Foundation's general meetings, including preparing meeting agendas and meeting packages, overseeing meeting logistics, preparing minutes, providing logistical support for the Annual General Meeting and assisting with other board development activities as needed
- Provide administrative support for the STEMHub Foundation and program partners, including, as needed scheduling and hosting general meetings and program meetings, preparing and sharing minutes for program meetings, and providing additional staff capacity to assist with production of events, activities, and communication products
3. Program Coordination
- Work with the social media team to market STEMHub Foundation's programs
- Coordinate participants recruitment Manage all communication with participants and their parents/guardians
- Program budgets preparation, review, and maintenance
- Overall program coordination with the Curriculum, Planning, and Partnership teams and seamless execution of all assigned workshops
- Submitting receipts for program equipment to financial department as required
4. Grants Coordination
- Review all grant agreements to ensure that funder requirements are achieved
- Coordinate Grantor engagements: prepare reports, communicate program information and other requirements
- Citizenship - Canadian citizen or permanent resident (eligible to work in Canada)
- Languages - English is essential; bilingual (English/French) an asset
- Education/Experience - Post-secondary certificate or diploma in a related field (development, administration), plus 1-2 years of work experience in an administrative support position OR equivalent level of progressive related work experience in lieu of post-secondary education with a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Advanced computer skills. Software knowledge and familiarity will ideally include the following. Training on unfamiliar systems is available
- Google Workspace
- Video conferencing (Zoom)
- communications software (e.g. WhatsApp, Mailchimp)
- Spreadsheet programs (Excel etc.)
- Word processing programs (Word etc.
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Commitment to STEMHub Foundation's mission and vision
- Commitment to pursuing and nurturing diversity and inclusivity wherever and however possible
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to an ever changing work environment and available to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize to meet required deadlines
- Self-starter and able to work independently, while also being a strong contributor to a vibrant team
- A desire to be be bold and experiment
- A drive for success
This is a part time contract position for minimum of 10 hrs weekly and maximum of 20 hrs during peak program period for $25 per hour.
Applications will be accepted until 4pm ET Friday, December 2, 2022. Please send a resume, the names and contact information of two references, and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and qualifications to the Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Preferred start date is December 15, 2022 or as soon thereafter as possible.