LEAD PROGRAM MANAGER (Canadian applicants only)
|Remote||30th September, 2021|
At STEMHub Foundation, our vision is to see and support individuals thriving in their careers
unhindered by the barriers that propagate systemic under-representation of persons with
minority backgrounds in STEM careers and leadership roles.
Through STEM, STEMHub aims to increase accessibility to practical and quality STEM programs that may be hard to access by underserved or low-income communities within Ontario. We believe that Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) exposure and increased scientific and technology literacy will equip Canadian youths to confidently pursue STEM studies and careers.
We Are Recruiting to Fill the Position Below:
Position: Lead Program Manager
Reports to: Director of Program Planning
Job Type: Part time (15 hours/week)
Duration: October 2021 to January 2022 (can be extended based on performance and need)
Job Summary (Primary objectives)
The position holder will be responsible for:
- Managing all aspects of the STEMHub “100 for 10” Program, which is a 10-week STEM program for approximately 100 middle school students in Canada (Four cohorts of 25 students – each Project Manager will handle 2 cohorts).
- Planning STEMHub Summer Camp for 2022
- Evaluation and reporting on all program aspects
- Market the programs
- Coordinate participants recruitment
- Manage all communication with participants and their parents/guardians
- Program budgets preparation, review, and maintenance
- Overall program coordination with the Curriculum, Planning, and Partnership teams and seamless execution of all assigned workshops
- Review all grant agreements to ensure that funder requirements are achieved
- Register participants in the “100 for 10” Program in grantor database and providing information to grantors as required
- Coordinate Grantor engagements: prepare reports, communicate program information and other requirements
- Ensure proper management of data collection for impact evaluation efforts
- Contribute to the preparation of year end impact report
- Bachelor's degree in Administration or related field
- Professional qualifications in Project Management (desirable)
- Experience in strategic management, program/workshop coordination, and project management
- Proficiency in the use of MS-office tools i.e., Excel, Word and PowerPoint
This opportunity provides competitive compensation for interested candidates with the right skill set. In addition to a $25/hour pay, the position holder will have the opportunity to work with like-minded impact makers and participate in STEMHub workshops that are open to staff and volunteers.
Why Should you Join Us?
Your work will make impact and add value to those that matter. As part of the STEMHub team, you will contribute to the professional growth of persons with minority backgrounds in STEM careers and leadership roles. This is an opportunity to make impact that truly matters.
No matter your role or experience, there is always room to learn. Through hands-on experience in the role and interactions with other professionals, you will be exposed to building world-class skills that will aid your personal professional growth.
The Lead Program Manager will be directly supervised by the Director of Program Planning and supported by other members of the Board of Directors. Only Canadian residents will be considered for this application.